OFFERING HONEST AND QUALITY AUTO SERVICE!
The story of B&L begins in 1953 as the Mercury Armature Company, where we sold and delivered armatures all the way from Newport News down to North Carolina. This delivery process quickly grew into fixing generators, tractors, cars, and trucks and then onto supplying local auto parts stores with generators, armatures, and starters. We took on the B&L name you have come to know shortly after being founded.
In 1978, the business was sold to the founder's son and current owner. It continued yet again to evolve into a full service auto repair facility. As time passed, the supplying of the local auto parts stores faded, as the small auto parts stores we were supplying were replaced by overwhelming competition from the big name stores.
In 2001, we moved to our current location on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News where we built a state of the art facility with a focus on full service auto repairs along with fleet maintenance and repairs. We continue to improve our facility today, keeping it modern, which allows us to grow and further our legacy in this ever changing market. B&L is now being operated by the founding family's third generation and continues to practice the values that started the company: Outstanding Customer Service, Quality, Integrity, and Trust.