For your motor vehicle's safety and all-around performance, you should have tires installed by a trained technician. The proper installation allows your tires to function as intended and allows good mileage. You don't have to worry about time because a tire installation typically takes around 1 hour. After the technicians at B & L Automotive help you pick out suitable tires for your vehicle, we can have them correctly installed: A proper installation entails:
- Examining the lugs or bolts
- Installing new rubber valve stems (if needed)
- Mounting the tires
- Balancing the tires
- Tightening the wheel lugs to the recommended torque
- Checking the TPMS system
When you need your tires replaced, the technician will usually follow these steps below:
- The car, SUV, or truck is placed on a mount to be lifted off the ground.
- The technician will unbolt the lug nuts from each wheel to completely remove the wheels from the vehicle.
- They will proceed to deflate the old tires and install a new stem core if needed.
- The tech will inspect the rims for signs of damage or rust and make any adjustments if required.
- Once the rims check out, they will use a tire machine to install the rims on the new tires.
- The mechanic will ensure they are properly inflated based on the recommended pressure specifications.
- Afterward, the wheel is balanced and reinstalled back onto the vehicle.
Proper tire installation is essential, so you should make sure you leave it in the hands of people you trust. You can have confidence in the team at B & L Automotive in helping you with all your tire services, including tire installations. From assisting with exploring your options to installing, we can do it all. We invite you to call or visit our tire service shop today!